Players all over the world enjoy European roulette. This classic game has been played since 1796 and has had minimal changes over the years. The history of this game dates back to the late 18th century and is believed to have a design based on the old game Roly-poly.
Since the invention of European roulette, it has become more popular and prevalent in casino gaming. It is also widely known also as French roulette and has gained much success as an exciting game with more and more players. It has only minute differences but is extremely similar to American roulette.
- Place a bet on which number the ball will land on when spun on the wheel.
- There is only a 0 pocket and no double zero like some other versions of roulette.
- The board has one less number than other roulette wheels and increases players’ odds of winning.
- “En prison” rule gives players a 50% refund on bets that include red, black, odd, even, or numbers 1-36.
- Denying the option to en prison a bet will result in it staying on the table and if the 2nd spin produces a win, player receives 100% refund on bet.